Revised: July 17, 2018
- International. The Service may be hosted or operated in countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have different data protection laws and regulations from those that apply in your home country. By accessing or using the Service, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your home country. Please be aware that the governments, courts, and law enforcement, security or regulatory agencies of a particular country may be able to obtain access to or disclosure of your information as permitted by the laws of that country.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
- Information That You Provide Directly. We may ask for certain information such as your name, company name, postal address, email address, billing contact, payment account information (e.g., credit card and bank account information), telephone number, password, and other information. We may retain any messages you send through the Service, and we may also retain other information you voluntarily provide to us. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, and as further described below.
- Information Collected or Received from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party services before linking or connecting them to the Service. We may also collect information about you from our third-party business associates, publicly-available sources and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Cookies. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation on the Service. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow us or our third-party business associates to track your usage of the Service. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Log File. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you access or use the Service, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your web request, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. Clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) allow for the tracking of a user’s response to an email or usage of a website in a manner that does not reveal personally identifiable information. We may use clear GIFs or similar technologies to assess responses to emails and usage of the Service. For example, we may use clear GIFs to track when emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable the ability of clear GIFs to capture information by blocking cookies.
- Device Identifiers. When you access or use the Service using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation on the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the operating system’s settings.
- Location Data. When you access or use the Service using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the site, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial Communications. We may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. For example, we may use the information to send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. We may also use the information to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices).
- Use of Certain Service-Type Information. We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- Alerts. A core feature of the Service consists of the tracking of pending legislation and the sending of notices to you relevant to bills that you have selected for tracking. We will: (i) collect and store information provided by you regarding the bills that you would like to track; (ii) monitor developments relating to those bills; and (iii) send you relevant notices via email, text message or other means that you have selected.
- Use of Information with Your Consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Business Change. If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership.
- Sharing Information. We may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business associates for the purposes described in the section titled “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails concerning your relationship or dealings with us.
- Targeted Advertising. You can learn more about targeted ads and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering targeted ads to your browser or device by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/. You may opt out of certain Google Analytics Advertising Features by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You should be aware that even if you opt out of targeted ads, you may still see ads within the Service, although the ads may not be tailored to your interests.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not recognize “do not track” signals sent from web browsers. Third-party services that we use may collect personal information about individual users and their activities over time and across different websites. In some cases, you may be able to disable tracking mechanisms, but doing so may disable certain features of the Service. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for your browser, operating system or mobile device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Service is not directed to children and is intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SERVICES
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
We may update this policy from time to time, and the updated version of this policy will be effective upon posting. Please check this page to review the most up-to-date version of this policy. By continuing to use the Service after an updated version has been posted, you agree that the new policy will apply to you.